Thursday 14 January 2010

Faith in Mankind? I have none.

People are getting depressed after watching Avatar.

Have you seen this, have you heard about this? Yup, that's right, depressed...some of them even attempted suicide.

Let's get something straight. I get sucked in too, I love Harry Potter movies. I mean, really, I LOVE THEM, LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM! I must have read the books three times each and I really like the characters but I do not get depressed after watching the films and certainly don't feel the need to commit suicide. The first part of the last film is being released this year and I don't feel the least bit sad, I'm actually very excited.

I mean, come on, how stupid can you be? First of all, the film wasn't that great and then, if Pandora actually existed, would you really want to live there? Think about it, it's a hostile environment, with crazy alien panthers, hammerhead rhinoceroses and only god knows what kind of weird diseases you would catch over there. I'm also going to assume these people are Americans...so... how would you survive five minutes without twitting (am I "saying" it right? Probably not... maybe it's twittering...) or updating your facebook status?

But the REALLY sad thing is that none of the people that attemped suicide actually died.

Darwin wouldn't be very proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment