Saturday 26 September 2009

You basterds!

What: Inglourious Basterds


Who: Brad Pitt, Eli Roth, Cristoph Waltz, Diane Kruger.


Sure, but who directed it? Who?! Director/writer: Quentin Tarantino


When: August 2009


I went to see Inglourious Basterds (hoo ray for me!) aaaand... *drum rolls*... I freaking loved it! I mean, you'd have to be a handicapped automaton made by Apple NOT to like it. It was EPIC, it had everything, it was the perfect balance between comedy, gore, meaningful dialogues and good looking people (My name is Jezebel and I approve of Eli Roth, although I'd like to see Zachary Quinto play Donny Donowitz).

So...yes, it deserves all the fuss it's getting. Tarantino did it again (I'm sorry but... am I the only one who thinks he looks creepy as hell and that he's built like a serial rapist?). The movie had a very real vibe to it, if a British soldier spoke German the Nazi officers would be all: "Hmm, this guy has a funny accent, I wonder if he's a super secret evil spy from the allies...". The only not-so real thing in the movie was the ending: Tarantino kills Hitler in the movie but not the usual "*pew pew pew*, you're dead!" death, this was more the "pew pew pew, crash, burn, more pew pew pew, more burning and a few more pew pew" death. Tarantino blows Hitler up, sets him on fire and makes a Swiss cheese out him (you know, I'm going for clever here, Swiss cheeses have holes and so do people when they're shot at repeatedly). I also liked the whole scalping Nazis thing and carving a swastika in the few "lucky" survivors' foreheads.

I just didn't see the point in killing off most of the cool characters (come one, Eli Roth's character was way too pretty to die, way to pretty Quentin! What were you thinking?!). However, Aldo Raine (played by Brad Pitt) gets to live, how's that fair?! HUM?! HOW?!


Oh, and..hm.. give Cristoph Waltz an Oscar. He spoke Italian, French, English and German perfectly... that's got to count for something...right?


Rating: Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment