Sunday 14 June 2009

Terminator Salvation

What: Terminator Salvation

Who: Christian Bale, Anton Yelchin, Bryce Dallas Howard, Sam Worthington

When: May-June 2009


Looks like I'm going to start with Terminator Salvation. Well, apparently Terminator was the next franchise (after Batman) to be rescued heroically by Mr. Christian Bale. He's been busy, hasn't he?. He's even going to be in a movie with Johnny Depp (that's really awesome, even for a guy).

Anyway, this time he plays John Connor (which was just a kid in the last two movies but is now all grown up and pretty), son of Sarah Connor and Kyle Reese and super tough leader of the human resistance against the evil blood thirsty machines who have, basically, taken over the world.

So, in this film, the plot revolves mostly around finding Kyle Reese (which is a teenager. Oh, and don't worry, they eventually find him) so John Connor (his son, that's actually older than him. Wow, is that messed up or what?) can send him back in time to have sex with Sarah Connor (John Connor's mother) so John Connor can exist and save all mankind in the future (like he's doing right now). Confused? So am I. Don't worry about it, I'm guessing it's a normal reaction. The time line is not very coherent. Apart from this tiny, insignificant detail I really liked the film. I'm not saying it's a really deep, emotional and life changing movie, it's just good fun.

The special effects are WOWWOW! Yup, they're THAT awesome. I liked the plot a lot too, what's not to like in a film with cute (but sensitive) guys, a large amount of ass kicking scenes and mean looking machines? I do not know... I must disagree with Rotten Tomatoes on this one, only 33% of the reviews were positive! What's wrong with you people?! Seriously?!

Rating: Oh yay!

So... that's about it. I hope it doesn't suck too much for my first review.

No comments:

Post a Comment